Peshawar to Islamabad Motorway
Islamabad to Peshawar Motorway, also known as the M1, is a major transportation artery in Pakistan, connecting the country’s capital, Islamabad, to the city of Peshawar in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. The Motorway stretches over 155 kilometers and provides a fast and efficient route between these two important cities for travelers and goods. In this post, we will delve into the features of the M1 and its impact on the region. We hope you enjoy knowing more about this critical piece of Pakistani infrastructure. It is one of the most crucial Motorways in Pakistan.
About M1 Motorway
The M1 Motorway was constructed at Rs. 13 billion and opened in October 2007. The M1 Motorway is a controlled-access highway, meaning there are no intersections or traffic lights along the route. It allows for faster travel speeds and reduces the risk of accidents. The Motorway has 14 interchanges, including Airport Link Road, Attock, Burhan, Hasan Abdal, Hazara Expressway, and Rashakai.
It also crosses three significant rivers via bridges, the Haro, Indus, and Kabul. In addition, Peshawar to Islamabad Motorway has 18 flyovers, 27 minor bridges, 137 underpasses, and 571 culverts.
The M1 Motorway Pakistan has had a significant economic and social impact on the region. It has spurred the development of new towns and businesses along its route and has made it easier for people to travel between Peshawar and Islamabad. It has also reduced the time it takes to travel between the two cities, making it easier for people to commute for work or visit family and friends. Overall, the M1 Motorway has played a vital role in connecting the cities of Peshawar and Islamabad and has positively impacted the region.
Some of the most notable features of M1 Motorway Pakistan include:
The M1 Motorway Pakistan is a modern, high-speed transportation route that connects the city of Peshawar in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province to the capital city of Islamabad. The Motorway is approximately 155 kilometers long and has several features that make it a convenient and efficient way to travel between these two cities.
One of the main features of the Peshawar to Islamabad Motorway is its controlled-access design. There are no intersections or traffic lights along the route, allowing faster travel speeds and reducing the risk of accidents. The Motorway has six lanes, with a median separating the two travel directions. It allows for a smooth flow of traffic and helps to reduce congestion.
In addition to its six lanes, the M1 Motorway Pakistan has several rest stops and service areas along the route. These facilities provide travelers with a place to take a break, grab a bite to eat or refuel their vehicles. The Motorway has 14 interchanges, including Airport Link Road, Attock, Burhan, Hasan Abdal, Hazara Expressway, and Rashakai. These interchanges allow travelers to access other roads and highways in the region quickly.
Bridges and Flyovers
Other features of the M1 Motorway include three major bridges crossing the Haro, Indus, and Kabul rivers, 18 flyovers, 27 minor bridges, 137 underpasses, and 571 culverts. These structures help to ensure a smooth and safe journey for travelers.
Overall, the M1 Motorway Pakistan is a modern and efficient transportation route that has significantly impacted the region. Its controlled-access design, six lanes, and rest stops and service areas make it convenient and safe to travel between Peshawar and Islamabad.
Along the route, you will pass through several major cities and landmarks, including the towns of Hasanabdal and Swabi, as well as Brahma. The Motorway also passes through scenic areas with beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and countryside.
The road conditions on the Motorway are generally good, with well-maintained pavement and modern infrastructure. However, driving cautiously and being aware of potential hazards or construction areas is always important. There are also several tunnels and bridges along the route, adding to the variety of the journey.
Facilities at Peshawar – Islamabad Motorway
The Peshawar – Islamabad Motorway, also known as the M1 Motorway, has several facilities and amenities available to travelers. Some of the facilities that you may find along the route include:
- Petrol stations: Several petrol stations are located along the Peshawar to Islamabad Motorway, which provides fuel for vehicles.
- Rest areas: There are several rest areas along the M1 Motorway, which allow travelers to take a break, use restrooms, and get some rest.
- Service stations: The route also has service stations that provide fuel and other vehicle-related services, such as tire repair and car washing.
- Food and beverage outlets: Some rest areas and service stations along the M1 Motorway also have food and beverage outlets where travelers can purchase snacks and meals.
- Emergency services: The M1 Motorway has several emergency services available, including medical facilities and tow trucks, to assist travelers in an emergency.
- Police patrols: The M1 Motorway is patrolled by police to ensure travelers’ safety and enforce traffic laws.
- Security cameras: The M1 Motorway has several security cameras to help monitor traffic and assist with emergency response.
- Restaurants: There are also several restaurants at rest stops along the M1 Motorway, which offer food and beverages for travelers.
- Hotels: There are several hotels located near the M1 Motorway which provide accommodations for travelers.
- Toll system and cost of travel: The Islamabad to Peshawar Motorway operates on a toll system, with travelers required to pay a fee to use the road. The cost of travel varies depending on the vehicle type, and distance traveled. Several toll plazas along the route allow travelers to pay the required fees.
Overall, The M1 Motorway Pakistan has designed its facilities to provide travelers with the amenities and services they need for a comfortable and safe journey.
Benefits of the Islamabad to Peshawar Motorway
- Reduced travel time and increased efficiency: One of the significant benefits of the Islamabad to Peshawar Motorway is the substantial reduction in travel time it has provided. With its modern infrastructure and smooth, uninterrupted roadway, travelers can reach their destination more quickly and efficiently than with previous transportation options. It can be especially beneficial for those traveling for business or other time-sensitive purposes.
- Improved safety: The Islamabad to Peshawar Motorway has also enhanced security for travelers compared to previous transportation options. The Motorway is a controlled-access highway, with divided lanes and barriers separating opposing traffic, which helps to prevent head-on collisions and other types of accidents. There are also regular patrols by law enforcement and emergency services along the route, providing additional security for travelers.
- Economic benefits: The Islamabad to Peshawar Motorway has brought economic benefits to local businesses and communities along the route. The Motorway has attracted new development and investment to the region and has facilitated the growth of local businesses that serve travelers, such as gas stations, restaurants, and hotels. The increased efficiency and reliability of the Motorway have also made it easier for companies to transport goods and materials, further contributing to the region’s economic growth.
Tips for Traveling on Peshawar – Islamabad Motorway
Here are some suggestions for traveling on the M1 Motorway, also known as the Peshawar – Islamabad Motorway:
- Follow the speed limit: It is essential to observe the speed limit while driving on the M1 Motorway to ensure your safety and the safety of other travelers.
- Keep a safe distance: Make sure to maintain a safe distance from other vehicles while driving on the Motorway to allow sufficient time to react to any potential hazards.
- Use your signals: Use your turn signals when changing lanes or turning off the Motorway to let other drivers know your intentions.
- Stay alert: Stay focused while driving on the Motorway to ensure you are aware of your surroundings and any potential hazards.
- Plan your journey and allow extra time for unexpected delays. Ensure you have all necessary documents and supplies, such as a map and a first aid kit, before setting out on your trip.
- Take breaks: If you are planning a long journey, it is a good idea to take breaks at rest areas to stretch your legs and rest.
- Explore the local area: While traveling on the M1 Motorway, take the opportunity to explore the local area and try some of the local food or visit scenic overlooks along the way.
Overall, following these precautions and safety measures will help ensure that your journey on the M1 Motorway is safe and enjoyable.
Is the Peshawar Islamabad motorway open now?
Yes, the M1 Motorway, also known as the Peshawar – Islamabad Motorway, is currently open for traffic. Peshawar to Islamabad Motorway is a major transportation route in Pakistan that connects the city of Peshawar in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province to the capital city of Islamabad.
How far is Islamabad from Peshawar via the Motorway?
The distance between Islamabad and Peshawar via the M1 Motorway is approximately 184.47 kilometers. If you travel by car on the M1 Motorway, it will take about 1 hour and 38 minutes to reach your destination, assuming an average speed of 112 kilometers per hour. Please note that travel times may vary depending on various factors, such as traffic and road conditions. Planning your journey and allowing extra time for unexpected delays is always a good idea.
The Islamabad to Peshawar Motorway is an important transportation route in Pakistan that has brought numerous benefits to the region. With its modern infrastructure and amenities, the Motorway has reduced travel time and increased efficiency for those traveling between Islamabad and Peshawar while improving safety compared to previous transportation options. By following safety precautions and making the most of the journey, travelers on the M1 Motorway can enjoy a safe and enjoyable trip.